Monday, January 21, 2013

And I'm back!

Its been so long that I don't even want to see when the last post was. It feels like I've been blogging forever (and I have! 7 years is a LONG time in the blogging universe! Caveforme is practically a fossil!) but apparently we are only 87 posts down. That's kind of sad.  You know what else is sad? The unfairness of life. It was hard to post happy things when a young friend saw the love of her life die and a second cousin in his early thirties is dying of brain cancer. But these sort of things give you perspective. Don't sweat the small stuff-- tough exams, zits or that guy (or girl) who broke your heart. It may seem like the end of the world but these are all temporary, things that you can (technically) forget about and heal from with enough time. You have one life-- its a blessing and its short. Hold your loved ones close, cherish happy times, bask in natures simple pleasures, make someone smile just for the heck of it and fulfill all your deepest desires.

Its not quite a resolution (stopped making those a long time ago) but this is the mantra I'm going to live my life on from now on. I've made a bucket list and am going to share it with you as I go. First up, a marathon in the Spring. Stay tuned!

No comments: